|Sea Foam Stitch knit with Lily Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn, color is Pinky Stripes|
While I love the look of this stitch, I have yet to use it in a project; all those extra strands of yarn tend to get in my way and I usually end up with more stitches on my needles than I am supposed to have. I even had to restart this sample piece a few times. The key, I think, is just taking your time and paying attention to what you are doing. Once I slowed down, I was finally able to get it right. Don't get me wrong, this is not a hard stitch to master, you just need to pay attention.
This is an 8 Row repeat, worked on a multiple of 10 stitches plus 6
- Rows 1-2: Knit all stitches
- Row 3: Knit 6, *YO (2x), Knit 1, YO (3x), K1, YO (4x), Knit 1, YO (3x), Knit 1, YO (2x), Knit 6. Repeat from *
- Row 4: Knit, dropping all YO from needle
- Rows 5-6: Knit all stitches
- Row 7: Knit 1, *YO (2x), Knit 1, YO (3x), K1, YO (4x), Knit 1, YO (3x), Knit 1, YO (2x), Knit 6. Repeat from *, ending last repeat of the row with a Knit 1
- Row 8: Knit, dropping all YO from needle
- Repeat these 8 rows for pattern
In the video below, I demonstrate Row 3, in which you are making the YO and Row 4, in which you drop all of the YO. I hope this is helpful. Enjoy!